Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Run

I woke up to a wonderful morning of opening stockings and Christmas Blend coffee. Followed by an amazing brunch of eggs benedict (minus the bun), potatoes, mimosas and, you guess it, more coffee. It was perfect.

After we cleaned up breakfast, it was an afternoon of abundance. Once I surfaced from the sea of wrapping paper and took some time to slow down and appreciate my gifts I was overwhelmed by this intense urge to run. Ironically, Christmas day is the one day of the year I've always give myself the "get out of running (guilt) free" card. 

As I headed out on my normal route I made it past a few other diehard runners who, I could tell, didn't cash in their cards either. Through the meadow and over the bridge I passed a few families congratulating me on running off the pre-turkey dinner. I thanked them for their acknowledgement and admitted I'm sure trying but this wasn't why I was running. I just need to move.

These days I'm not battling my lack of running guilt as badly as I used to. I do plenty of yoga, spinning and circuit training and running fits everywhere in between. It's a strange transition to work full time while choosing to run when I want to. I'm looking forward to a new year and a new running perspective.

Merry Christmas! 
xo Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment