Saturday, January 7, 2012

See the run

I visualized myself racing as I was falling asleep last night. I was strong, healthy and fit. What does this mean? I haven't mentally watched myself run in a really long time. For so long I've been wanting to want to run and I just didn't feel it. Believe me, you can't force it.

It all started a few weeks ago. I met some of the old crew for a run at Burnaby Lake: Tasha, Mer, Dylan and Mer’s friend Lindsay. It was a random Wednesday morning and it felt so normal, so nice. I so badly wanted to be the fit, efficient, strong runner again. 

So how did I get here? I don't totally know but it seems like when you stop worrying about things, like wanting to want to run, it happens naturally. So nobody is really asking but I think the progression went something like this: step 1, sleep in on saturday morning. Step 2, go out when you want to and don't question it. Step 3, be present to what you're doing if you're busy working, rock the working world. Step 4, do yoga for the body and mind. Step 5 listen to yourself and do what you want to do not what you feel like you should do. Step 5, stop listing steps because this intensity or knowing is what get's you stressed out in the first place.

Anyways, I don’t really know what this means if anything but what I do know is that I have to take it all in stride (haha). My goal is to treat this running return as if I’m coming back from an injury. Less is more and we'll see what happens.

Today I started with 10x 300 in a snowstorm on the grass. Baby steps and maybe little by little I’ll be able to take on repeats on the track without the dread, anxiousness and deep rooted fatigue of yesterday.

Here’s to small steps and visualizing a strong healthy runner in 2012! I feel like my old self again: relaxed, healthy and happy. I love it!
xoxo
Becks


No comments:

Post a Comment