Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Like I never left

I'm back, ok well not totally back but major step in the right direction back. Today, I attended my first mundy park practice since my foot injury forced me to stop back in July.

It felt so normal as I did the (modified) usual: 5k warm-up, 2 x 2K loop and cool down. There was some minor discomfort which was to be expected considering the huge lump of scar tissue that makes up my heel. I'm comforted by the fact that after I finished icing I could walk around without throbbing pain. The after-the-fact pain is the culprit that serves as the ever present reminder you're charting injury waters and this was most definitely the case last winter/spring/summer.

I didn't know what to expect today. I just wanted to run and feel good. I finished my loops better than expected: 6:38 and 6:48. Before I started I told myself I'd be happy with 7 minutes. It's good to be back I had a much needed mind/body break. I could feel the health radiating out of my out-of-shape body. I feel fresh, it feels so natural to run again and I'm so grateful to have the motivation to do so.

I guess when I think about it in some ways I'm totally back.
xo Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment