Thursday, November 11, 2010

Feelin' great being a "bugger"

It exists, running can feel great! Today, I felt fantastic... that's it. When it feels this good it's so easy to run. I mean it's still hard 'cause you're running but you get the picture. Today I completed 55 minutes of pure bliss. I'm not sure if it was the pelting down freezing rain of yesterday in contrast to the beautiful crisp sun. Or maybe it was that I waited until mid-afternoon to run but both my mind and body felt light as a feather. I wasn't limited by my notorious hips or my fatigue and my feet were even pain free (for real this time)!

My Wednesday runs have been very eventful since I move to island time but today wasn't as exciting in the animal department. I'm ok with that. The only point of interest was my double run in with a middle aged man and I must admit I was mildly impressed by his pace. I passed him once as I entered the trail to the lake and he went off in a different direction. I assumed that was it until I arrived at the half-way bridge and there he was again! Weird, I didn't know how he got there. I had already given him the "on your left" once and I didn't want to say it again so I made my presence known by trying to run loud. That's when he picked it up (a pain, I know). So here I am thinking ok, here we go, I'll just follow you at my consistent pace until you tire. When I finally caught up and passed him I had to ask, "how did you get ahead of me?" Between gasps he told me he took this trail I've never heard of that cuts off like half the lake loop. He also managed to throw in a chirp calling me a "bugger" for passing him again which made me laugh. Ha, who was he kidding, of course I was going to beat him! Anyways, I finished my run feeling energetic and motivated! The goal now is to keep this recovered state going. Enjoying the run!
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment