Monday, August 2, 2010

Embracing Bowen Culture

I have been on island time for about a week now. Yes, commuting is going to be a challenge but I'm enjoying the wind in my face and feeling the salty air deep in my lungs. I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being slightly insecure about moving back but I really do appreciate the tranquility of home sweet home. I'm also 100% aware that I'm blessed to have the option to be a freeloader. The book I'm reading talks about time as a made up entity of the mind and what exists is not the past or the future but Now. Well, for right now, at this very moment, I am happy to be an islander. I have had so much change over the last couple of months that the familiarity of home is very comforting.
While on this running break and surrounded by water I'm going to fully embrace this island opportunity by rediscovering my environment. So far I've found $6 evening yoga in a beautiful studio, enjoyed some beer league fast pitch and partied at the infamous Bowen Island Doc Dance.

I think it's the freedom from commitment and worry that finds me smiling to myself over nothing in particular, at times it's probably thoughts of last night's antics. For Now this island isolation is so liberating, if you want to reach me I'll be on my coconut wireless ;)
xo
Becks 

No comments:

Post a Comment