Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tourist in my own Town!

Bowen during summer should feel like a vacation, an escape or at least that's how everyone who visits bowen describes it. I want to feel this every day I want to bottle up this feeling, this pride and take it with me wherever I go. The question is how? I think my best chance at concocting this elixir is to become a tourist in my own town. This way I hope to appreciate this island retreat instead of becoming blinded by the inconveniences. To help me experience this place through a tourist's eyes I've been inviting my firends to visit and I'm totally appreciating this unique look.

Our bowen day began with 4 friends lunching on Nat's deck. On the menu, sandwiches with chips inside.  Apparently adding chips into the sandwich only happens on this island and has become a bowen must!

After lunch we took a walk and a talk around Killary Lake, I've never "walked" around this lake in my entire life; although, I know it like the back of my hand. The lake has always been a time trial of my fitness, where I run from point a to point b and back again in attempt to become as fast as I can be. Here we took a peaceful jaunt around the 4-km loop.

Next came the golf course, I've never made it around all 9 holes but I figured the driving range at sunset would be a hilarious experience of beauty and uncoordinated defeat. Turns out, after we collected our balls and took a couple of practice swings we wern't as terrible as this picture suggest.
A day of bowen exploring finished in the most blissful ways possible. Dinner under the stars, a bottle of wine, wood oven pizza and 2 amazing salads shared between four friends. It was a fabulous island version of Sex and the City. I'm feeling so happy to be relaxed and appreciating the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place.



xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment