Monday, February 7, 2011

Rain is my distraction

This was one of the worst weather days yet. I woke up fighting fatigue and the rain pelting against my window wasn't doing me any favours. The thought of coffee didn’t even help as I dragged myself of out bed . I told myself the rain would let up as I got on the ferry, I told myself the same thing as I drove to SFU, but it was grey the entire way. There was no escape from the elements during this practice and as werid as it sounds I was actually grateful for this horrible weather...kind of.

Freezing post workout
Now, I say "grateful" for this torrential downpour because if I wasn't at least out there taking on the storm I would have felt like a weakling - it was my hips again. They were the limiting factor to my workout.  The tightness has been creeping in ever since I started doing lactic workouts but I haven't succumb to them until today.

My hills started off well and I thought I had beat my hip problems for another day but after 10 minutes legs seized and my hips literally gave out. I just couldn’t push it. It was frustrating because my lungs were fine but I just couldn't move my legs! The last half of my run was so pathetic but thankfully it was so rainy and cold I didn't dwell on it too much.

The only positive thing I can take from this practice, other than the sauna afterwards, is that I haven’t felt frustrated with my running in a long time. I've been finishing my runs feeling so strong and satisfied.  I just have to try and get over the bad ones and for now at least this picture is funny.
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment