Monday, February 14, 2011

Ripped my favourite tights

A long Sunday run with the girls really is the best training run of the week. Today more than ever I was grateful for this day, I wanted to run away from the memory of yesterday's race. Let's just say I have a good base but I'm lacking speed work.

Ever since I started blogging I've been looking at my runs differently. Every run has a story and it's up to me find an interesting way to tell it. Loving Sunday runs isn’t much of a story by itself and without fail I turn to weather when I'm lacking creativity.

I thought today would be no different. It's getting a bit ridiculous and I must admit kind of funny! Every time I meet Tasha for runs it pours with rain. I left behind beautiful sunshine on Bowen Island and as predicted less than half way through our run at Burnaby Lake the skies opened up and once again, rain!


I was thinking of cheesy metaphors to describe our situation, "it was raining cats and dogs" or "when it rain pours". Then literally in the same thought I found myself skidding along the gravel path face first in the mud. The raining cats and dogs thoughts turned into two dogs coming over to make sure the girl in the puddle was ok.

Once I washed the blood off of my hands and picked the little pieces of rock out of my skin I was totally fine, except for my bruised ego. I also got 65 minutes of running in before the fall (I didn't really want to run those last 5 minutes anyways). The only thing that was a bit upsetting is I ripped my favourite tights. These babies have been part of my best running collection for years.

This really wasn't my best running weekend and I'm looking forward to a much better workouts in the week to come.
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment