Friday, February 11, 2011

Kindness goes a long way

Today was so simple, so beautiful. I was greeted with sunshine as I stepped out for my morning run. I felt a bit like a brick because my legs were tight from my awesome yoga practice the night before.

I was out for 40 minutes and then ran some good strides along the side of the road to feel fast. We have so many beautiful trails on this island but there is a really good stride spot on the side of Millers Road. I know I must look totally ridiculous to the cars passing by as I run as fast as I can up the road but this stride spot is totally worth the embarrassment. It's a gradual incline, really good footing and the perfect combination of packed mud and gravel.

Anyways, I dropped my shirt about 50 metres up the road and started running. As I start, I picture a solid centre giving me a mechanical advantage as my arms and legs drive me forward. I try to run as fast as I can without losing form. When I get to my shirt I stop, turn around and jog back to the start.

After one of my strides I was running away from my shirt when I could feel a car slowing beside me. In the city this situation would be a big white van with tinted windows but not on this island. A really nice older lady stopped to tell me I had dropped something. She thought I had left my shirt on the side of the road. I explained to her what I was doing and she drove off. It was only about two seconds but what a nice thing to do! Only in this small town would someone consider taking time out of their busy day to tell me I forgot my shirt. This totally made my day! Share the love people.
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment