Monday, March 28, 2011

Dolphins in the Howe Sound

Now that I'm not a full-time Islander; as expected, I no longer despise the ferry. What was once an inconvenient time robber preventing me from freedom ironically, has become my vessel to escape.

With a move to the city my perspective has quickly shifted. I'm no longer a victim of the ferry - it's my choice. I once again appreciate being on the ocean. I adore the wind in my face and the salty air that fills my lungs. The ferry is my comfort, my personal journey onto island time. I'm re-falling in love with this island all over again. In reality, it's probably just that with spring in the air everything is so much lighter and brighter. Winter on the water always seemed to be various shades of gray. I think it also helps that my part-time commute has recently been with dolphins.

Seriously, a pod of dolphin playing in the wake of the ferry and a mom cooked Sunday dinner makes this island pretty amazing.
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment