Sunday, March 6, 2011

Taking a Rebecca Day

Today I walked. I walked and it's Sunday. I'm taking a Rebecca day. I'm realizing my blogging frequency is directly related to how well my runs are going and let's just say I haven't posted in awhile. My hips are debilitatingly tight and despite my massage efforts I can't shake this. So today I slept in, sipped coffee, watched my mom bake bread, sipped more coffee, enjoyed 3 episodes of my new TV obsession Mad Men, went for a long walk in the snow, enjoyed wine Sunday with my family, watched the Oscars and then did some evening yoga. Like I said, I'm taking a Rebecca day!

I realized while I was walking that I'm thinking in blogs. How can I describe this? What animal can will I run into today? I was thinking I would write that I didn't even think about running on my Rebecca Day. That would be a lie because almost every conscious and non-concious thought was about running. As I walked up hills I make sure to pull through with my hamstrings and I'm always trying to contract my core. I find I'm visualizing my races and telling myself  am strong. Even my phone conversation with Jules during my walk circled around running life and what's next.

I realized that my ongoing love-hate relationship with running is tipping too far to the right these days. To run or not to run that is the question. Really, I just want to run well. I'm frustrated with how I feel. Repeat 200's in 31s are terrible; however, for how tight I am these days my times are not too horrible. I feel like I'm ploughing down the track, fighting with my tight hips and trying to dig deep but seriously coming up empty. I mean my track workouts have not been good recently by any means but they are good for how bad I feel. Is this good? Does this make sense? For taking a Rebecca day off running my day sure seemed to be consumed with it. Until next time...
xo
becks

No comments:

Post a Comment