Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fruit Leather

It was a big risk (insert dramatic music here). I had a lot of ripe fruit and not enough time to eat it. What's a girl to do? I absolutely love dried fruit but I hate the sugar that is typically added to most store-bought products so I took matters into my own hands. I decided to make my own fruit leather. 
 
Turns out, my fruit leather was a pretty fantastic combination of vitamin a and c goodness. Here's how I made it: cut up 3 cups of your favourite fruit and mix with 1/4 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Simmer on medium heat and stir periodically.When it starts to bubble give it a final stir and transfer your mixture into the blender.
Blend baby blend!
When your mixture is smooth pour it into a lightly oiled baking pan. 
       Place in a 200-degree oven for 60 minutes or until completely dry. Once it has cooled, remove your fruit leather from the pan and cut into rectangles.
 Make it look pretty (see above), serve and enjoy!
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment