Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The road to SFU is paved with good intentions

I'm trying to quit. Seriously. My blessed coffee addiction is becoming too much both financially and physically.  Well mostly financially, at $5 a day it really beings to add up! I mean I can handle the caffeine headaches and Marine #7 will inexpensively satisfy my morning and midday fix but it's the post-practice mocha that gets me almost every time. It doesn't help when my biggest will power test comes at my weakest: cold and exhausted post-practice. On top of that SFU has my absolute favourite cafe  (insert violins here) Renaissance with three taste bud tempting locations equally distributed across campus intended to sabotage me.

Today's test was no different. I drove up the SFU hill paved with good intentions and as usual I was met with this: rain, fog and 10 x 400m with 90 seconds rest. Yuck!


Coffee quickly becomes easy to justify when you're soaking wet, freezing cold and totally exhausted. Obviously I need my coffee, I'm cold.

These justifications alone almost didn't stop me today, almost. I literally drove around campus two and a half times shivering while telling myself I don't need it, I don't need it. When suddenly I decided, yes I do! To me coffee is worth being poor. I don't want to cold turkey quit my blessed mochas. 

For now, I sit here after practice warm, cozy and sipping my non-fat, half sweet "recovery" mocha. I'm $4.60 poorer but absolutely appreciating the simple things in life and let me just say they taste great! I'm also too tired to move.
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment