Friday, April 23, 2010

Follow the plan one step at a time.

I’m still trying to catch my breath and it's not because of running. It has literally been go, go, go and this couldn’t have been more obvious than with my experience getting to the airport.

Today began with a 7:30 am wake-up call from the CCES. Thank goodness I hadn’t peed yet. It was the usual drill, I took down a litre of water and waited. At least I didn’t have to wait for long. Today was completed in 30 minutes- record time!

The CCES'ers sure threw a wrench into my day that was planned to a tee. The question was could I pull the rest of my day off and make it to my plane? The plan began as I rushed to my chiropractors appointment at 8:50. After a good crack I drove to SFU practice. I made it in time to catch the rest of the girls warming up. It was a crisp sunny morning as I ran 4 x 400 at 1500 race pace with 2 minutes rest.  I finished these in 64,64,64,66. I must admit I’m a little concerned by how my legs felt. They’re still very tight at the hip joint but I’m trying not to worry about it. The appointments I have jammed into my day are examples of how I’m doing everything I can to be my best.

After the 4’s I cooled down and ran straight back to my car to make my massage appointment. My quads sure needed it. You can always count on Rick to dig really deep. At times it felt like he was pushing so hard into my muscles he was reaching my femur. From my massage I drove back to SFU to take advantage of the shower facilities. I’m sure the people on the plane (mostly Julia) were grateful for it! I parked my car in the three-minute lot at SFU (but I was really there for 15 mins) then I drove to the airport. I was on my way and I felt good. My adrenaline has been pumping since about 7:30 this morning but traffic pending I had a good hour to get to my flight. I felt ok.

I arrived late but still before the 1-hour cut-off. I'm here I'm off to Iowa...now the question is will Julia be with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment