Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bad Quads Good Foot!

I'm sitting here after finishing work totally tired from a lulu shift but not ready to go to bed yet. I can't believe I'm still so sore, sore from my 9.5 straight of motion capture two days ago. I literally did plyos all day long, dressed in a full body suit, covered with motion sensor markers. It was so much fun and it's pretty cool that I'm going to be in a video game but OMG it was so humbling. I feel so weak when it comes to jumping or maybe it's just that you're not meant to do these drills all day long. Whatever the case, I've never been this stiff/sore. I now completely understand why people describe lactic acid as being hit by a truck, I've been hit by a semi and I can hardly move.

Anyways, the mere fact that I was able to complete my Tuesday workout was a fantastic feat! After a 15 minute warm-up we had 5 sets of 100 (100 jog), 300 (100 jog), 100 continuous equalling 700-meters. I was in flats but I'm happy to report my foot is feeling better than it has in a couple of months! I averaged around 50 for my 300's. I don't think these slow times were so much a function of my fitness but instead speak to the fatigue in my quads and the racing flats.

All and all my overall times for the whole interval were fairly consistent and each one got a bit faster. I am so happy that my foot felt strong. This is the first time, since I can remember, that I felt hopeful instead of concerned in that that semi-concious back part of my brain that worries and serves as a constant reminder that running on a sore foot isn't sustainable.

For now, the foot is on the mend, I'm feeling stronger and I will become faster! Stanford 800 this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment