Saturday, May 1, 2010

So close to smooth travels

Travel began so easy today, I felt so uncomfortably relaxed. There was no adrenalin-pumping-will-I-make-it experience this week. Instead I began my day with a trip to the chiropractors during late morning followed by a non-fat mocha and a JJ bean muffin. It was fantastic! 

When I was all packed and ready to go I moseyed to the sky train and 20 minutes later I was at the airport. I felt unusually calm, I had so much time. I really feel that checking in online is possibly one of the best inventions ever, not only do you bypass the line but you also reserve your seat! I strolled through customs and continued down my stream of line cutting thanks to my nexus card (best 50 bucks I've ever spent) and made it to the gate in less than an hour door to door. This has gotta be a record!

An enjoyable one hour and 37 minutes later, thanks to a Glee episode and a good cat nap, we were in San Fran. Everything was going so smoothly and that's when Mer mentioned it. We were all thinking it but she couldn't help but mention the breeze that was our evening travel. I agreed but for some reason I couldn't shake this uneasy feeling as if I was forgetting something.

Turns out this feeling was probably a form of sympathy pains as Mer realized she left her passport on the plane. Weirdly this travel now feels normal. I've said it before, actually it was just last week, it wouldn't be a typical track trip if everything went according to plan.

Mer knew where the passport should have been: Seat 17C, stashed in a McLeans Magazine, first one on the right but it didn't work out this time.

We're still waiting for a secret pocket to open and reveal the passport inside but it hasn't happened yet.  For now we're brainstorming solutions to this problem:
- get an irish passport so at least you'll have a spare
-vacation in san fran
-try for home and play stupid
-ticket change and postpone flight
-go to the oregon race early
-do what you gotta do, OTC

Again it wouldn't be a typical track if everything went smooth anyways. This feels normal! Race day tomorrow and I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is a crazy story. I think the last one sounds like a pretty good option

    ReplyDelete