Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sunny Cali to a Hail Storm

I'm back in Vancouver, the beautiful weather that I embraced while in Sunny California was not the case today. I completed 8x400-metres in almost sub-zero temperatures. I couldn't believe it. As I drove up the mountain, the clouds became darker shades of grey and the rain flooding my windshield quickly turned into pelting hail. I was tired for practice probably due to the last three weeks of travel, hotel beds and of course my training from the last few days: 60-minute early Sunday morning run through the streets of San Francisco and a Monday of 40-minute elliptical session and am weights followed by a 35-minute pm run. 

I am trying to snap out of it, this bad race thing is getting a little old. I am again disappointed with my race and I feel like it's out of my control. I felt great going into the race this weekend, legs were not that tight and I was positive but when that gun goes off I'm not able to fight the way I usually can. I feel like I'm just running and hoping for the best. When I finish I'm not exhausted to the extreme I try but I can't push myself to this point because it feels so hard from the start.  There is something in my legs and back making me feel abnormal: stiff and heavy. What is this preventing me from feeling fluid and relaxed? 


This is not my normal running self. I feel like the lack-of-efficiency out-of-shape excuse isn't adequate. Running terrible 2:08's is something else and I'm waiting to snap out of it. My asthma medication has been a little wonky for the last few weeks but it's now under control. So while I'm waiting for a switch to flip me back into blessed running ways I'm going to focus on the next few weeks of hard work, good sleeps and solid training.


ps: the passport has been found!

1 comment: