Sunday, May 9, 2010

My run before the Sun Run!

It was another beautiful morning, despite not being a morning person, I was up at 7:30 am and out the door a little before 8 (on a sunday!!). It was the Sun Run and I was excited to cheer on the runners with my fellow Lulu's. I wanted to go for my Sunday run first because it's hard to relax when there's unfinished business.

I headed out towards the sea wall but I didn't follow my usual route. I wanted to finish on the downtown side of the Burrard Bridge with the rest of the Lulu cheer squad. I headed in the opposite direction out towards Science World and along the water towards the opposite end of burrard bridge. There is something so powerful about bridges I feel a lot of strength when I'm under them, luckily I ran under a lot of them today.

Since it was early I expected to feel tired so I though it would be an easier run mentally to complete a bridge to bridge out-and-back type run. The only think was it took me less than an hour so I had to run in circles for about 5 minutes.

To my surprise I felt fantastic durning my run and it felt great to meet up with the rest of the group already finishing my day's work. I felt energized from the beautiful morning and the sea of runners. I was surprised by the never ending stream of people, they literally rocked my cheering world and the burrard street bridge. We formed alleys and runners high-fived us as they ran. We cheered from a seemingly stable structure but the whole bridge was shaking under the impact the 50 000+ runners. I heard on the news that pieces of bridge have been landing on the sea wall and I bet after today there were a few more to clean up.

Today was fun, I knew so many runners and the response from our cheering group was great! I did feel a great need to wash my hands about 5 million times and rinse with sanitizer after all the high-fiving.The day was finished off with a trip to Bowen for mom's day and some of Arron's bday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment