Monday, May 31, 2010

Back at Burnaby Lake

I began my run at 10am on a cloudy but mild sunday morning. I was back at my normal sunday run routine, meeting the girls at Burnaby Lake. Racing requirements and injury obligations have forced me to run in different locations so it's be awhile, a couple months in fact, since I've been at the lake. I didn't realize how much I missed it. It looked like a completely different place this time around. All of the vegitation was so much greener and thicker. It was like the trail was closing in on inself from all this growth. Despite the mild claustrophobia I love the feeling of running on the soft trails compared to the hard pavement. The seawall, although beautiful kinda beats you up after awhile. We followed our typical route around the lake including an out- and-back along the Burnette River. 65-minutes later we were back where we started and finshed with some good stretching.

I finished off my workout with a fantastic recovery brunch with my mom. We had the Milestones usual: 2 cups of coffee, eggs benny for mom and california omelette no bacon extra ketchup for myself. After an amazing meal and 3 coffee refills I finished my afternoon with an Aritzia purchase (bad I know) and a good nap. Not a bad Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment