Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sore throat the usual culprit

It's been a lot of good running since I last posted but unfortunately I'm overly exhausted from it. I know why which is a relief but I shouldn't be as weak/tired as I feel. It started with this terrible sore throat - my usual culprit. I always have sore throats when the training gets tough so at first I though nothing of it. For about 4 days before the cali race I took it easier than normal to try and get over it. After I got back my throat got worse and it took me four or five days to realize this was a new one. The pain was different because it didn't change. My typical throat injury sees my glands go up at the end of the day as I become tired and after a good night's sleep I wake up back to normal. This cyclic motion wasn't the case, in this situation the pain was constant and my neck was stiff. I was forced to move my head slowly in every direction or face a painful slap. I decided to go to the doctor.

The doctor literally took a one second look into my throat and asked if I had asthma. My immediate response was CRAP! Ha, I said crap to the doctor! I knew I had thrush (in my throat). To avoid this infection a requirement of my breathing medication is to rinse out your mouth after ever use. I do this everyday but somehow it wasn't good enough (story of my running life ;)

I left the doctor feeling somewhat relieved, pissed but relieved because there was an answer to my fatigue. I've been taking the medicine for a few days now and it's working. I can shoulder check with less pain but I'm still feeling weak after hard workouts. I'm still grateful despite being tired because my track work is going well and my foot is holding up. For now it's lots of good sleeps and fast dreams.

xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment