Sunday, June 13, 2010

Adidas Grand Prix

This is the closest I’ve come yet to racing in a diamond league meet. I raced in an 800 at a diamond league meet but my race wasn’t at that standard. Thinking back on my race I’m optimistic and I’m strong but I gotta get my real fight back. I’m spending way too much time being passive, waiting too long to strike and getting myself boxed in. I should have won that race.

I felt good during warm-up and this was mostly due to the fantastic adjustment I had by the chiropractor the night before. I have been having a lot of stiffness in the front of my hips and it was really affecting my stride. I've had a lot of therapy for my hips but the focus has been on the front where the tightness is. It wasn’t until I had this deep adjustment to my left SI joint that I felt an almost immediate relaxation to my front left hip. It just goes to show you how everything is connected.

Back to the race, I felt strong at the start. We went out in 28 and unfortunately I went too far to the inside. It was windy so I though I would sit behind two girls and wait for an opening. The leaders slowed and we hit 61 for our 400 split, too slow and everyone caught up so we were in one big pack. Around 450 I should have started to speed up but I let the girl on my outside come up beside me and take my opening. I let her! I should have fought. By 200 it was 1:31/32 and I had to go wide. The leaders went and I tried to fight but not hard enough and finished in 2:04.02.

I had too much left at the end – this is relative to my normal down on the ground puking state. I need to get back there. To do this I needed to go earlier, around 350 I needed more time to fight. I feel great again I am back and I am strong so this makes me disappointed with my performance. I'm so grateful to be back here. During April and early May I would have killed to be in this place. 

 The only problem is now it's June and I need to run fast. To do this I need to be confident and take risks. Before my foot became really sore and I ran all the terrible 208’s, I told myself to go out in workouts harder than I thought I should and just see what happens. So that's the new plan it usually only feels slightly harder at the end. Anyways, 201 is my goal and I see it everywhere. I look at the clock, it’s 201, on cash at lulu total 201. It’s time to fight for it and get back there. Every race is a chance, every race is an opportunity!


xoxo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment