Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Ideal Sunday

Today began with a 10:30am Sunday run at Burnaby Lake. I met Tasha and Jules for a lap of the lake. Today's run was much shorter than a typical Sunday run because we're beginning to taper for the upcoming Pacific Series.  I must say this was a really enjoyable run, I hardly noticed my foot and the temperature was mild with a light misty rain. This off day run is one of the reasons I love to run! Three strong, fit and most importantly fast women nonchalantly making their way through the soft trails. It was carefree, we chatted the entire way and finished with some good stretching. It felt so good!

After the run I met up with Kaila and Natalie for brunch at Omelettery. We realized it's been about 3 years too long since all three of us have met up. We had to wait for about 40 minutes for a table but wow my denver omelette was worth the wait! It wasn't as good as my usual milestones brunch special but boy it sure came through in a very close second. After brunch I made my way to Bowen but before I hopped on the ferry I grabbed a Starbucks (as if I really needed more coffee but I couldn't resist). My latte was made with 2% instead of skim by accident and they gave me a free coffee card for next time (I love getting free stuff)! I finished the evening off with some core work and some much needed Bowen relaxing.  All and all I can't complain, it was a very lazy sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Lazy Sundays are the best. Glad the foot is feeling better, I will send it some healthy vibes

    ReplyDelete