Saturday, June 12, 2010

Start Spreading the News....NY NY

I’m on the road again it’s a little bumpy and kinda scary. Being 30 000 feet up and feeling like the plane might drop out of the sky makes it hard to relax but as I write this I’m sending mental messages to the plane and to god to not let that happen. It’s way too beautiful we just passed through the clouds and I’m appreciating a lovely sunset of pinks and blues. I’m Heading to New York for the Adidas Grande Prix.  I am so excited to be in this race, I got in thanks to my Occidental meet performance and I’m going to appreciate every moment!

It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster ride over these last few weeks. I’ve had some great workouts and some practices where I was forced to go easier than I wanted to. I’m looking at my last week as a forced extended taper that will make me feel fantastic in the race. I was really trying to listen to my body this week by sleeping and going easy so that whatever was making me feel stiff and exhausted would clear itself up.  It’s hard to go easier than I would like because I feel like I’ve been losing fitness but I believe this's necessary if I wanted to feel good this weekend.

I’m feeling better now, I realized that in these last two days my neck has become a lot thinner and a lot less painful.  It's weird that waking up with swollen glands was normal. I’m taking this neck reduction as a good sign and I’m using the workouts I did well in the two weeks prior to my taper to prove that I’m ready to race. 

xo Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment