Sunday, June 13, 2010

Travel home, early morning or a late night?

I was up at 3:30 am for my 7:30 am flight, I wanted give myself plenty of time pending terrible traffic . I also had no choice because this was the time the free shuttle was leaving. As it turns out my free shuttle was a limo – not to shabby for Rebecca.

It’s too bad I couldn’t really enjoy the limo because it was dark and I couldn’t shake the intense desire to sleep. In all, I got about three solid hours of sleep at the hotel which is not much but so much better than nothing.

It was funny, I felt like such an outsider as I went to meet my shuttle. There’s a reason why they call New York the city that never sleeps (I would not do well here). I think I was the only person who actually tried to get some sleep last night. The city was probably busier than it was during the day and the line-up at every road-side gyro stand was around the block.

When I travel alone I like to be early so if anything goes wrong I have time to figure it out. Lets just say I was early, I’ve been at gate 80 since 5 am. It's not all bad though despite being exhausted I just finished a venti non-fat Americano misto (the caffeine will not prevent me from sleeping) and I’m enjoying the free internet I managed to snag by sitting right beside the presidents club lounge.  I’m most defenately on the outside looking in but I have no shame and I’ll take whatever perks I can get.

Today is not a pretty morning by any means... see (refer to pict above) but I’m looking forward to getting back to beautiful Vancouver by 10am.

xo Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment