Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sore Foot all over again

I'm sitting here massaging my sore heel (I feel like I've wrote this before). It's not really terrible I mean I made it through the workout today with good times but I must admit to myself that my foot is really sore again. Today I laced up my racing flats, casting my beloved spikes to the side, and finished 3x5x200 in 29-30's.

My foot has been on the verge of being really sore..... again but I have been keeping it in-check until last Sunday. It happened when I tried to run 400's in my flimsy but fast racing spikes. The plan was to run 6 400's with decreasing times aiming for 65-66, 63's and 61's. I was to do them in sets of 2 with 90 seconds between reps and 4 minutes between sets. My workout didn't go according to plan. I finished my first 400 in 63 (oooops) and then 67 (ooops again). The next set was 63,65 followed by 65 and I was cut to a 300 in 49.

I find it so hard to do race pace stuff by myself and being solo on Sunday was no different. I was really disappointed after this workout, it should have been better but I feel like the effort was there but it's hard to get up on my toes and run fluid with constant foot pain. I feel as if my left hip, the hip taking most of my weight, is clunking and putting me at a mechanical disadvantage.

I'm still grateful to be able to run. Today was a confidence booster (especially compared to Sunday) I felt fast and my foot was manageable. I was forced to the elliptical sidelines earlier in the week so for the next while I need to be smart. I need to stay away from my racing spikes during practices and stick to my flats aka rubber boots. I'm looking forward to giving it all I got in the pacific series.

No comments:

Post a Comment