Thursday, May 19, 2011

Canned food “can” be healthy!

Ok, first and foremost I apologize about being so exited about my pun-intended cheesy title! I really want to share, my most recent food obsession is all about adding natural ingredients to canned soups and sauces. I know it’s easy enough to cook from scratch but realistically that takes time. When I’m bonking after runs or tired from working all day I want dinner now, not an hour from now. I love the idea of cooking but I’m just not going to do it. Instead, I like to prepare food. The secret to my, whatever you want to call it, "cooking" is convenience. My goal is to be eating a healthy meal in 10-15 minutes max! To do this I reach for my trusty can opener, throw in some veggies and bam, dinners done. Here is my most recent creation. Tortellini avec veggie packed spicy tomato sauce. 

Start off by sautéing onions, garlic, broccoli and zucchini. I like to pre-cute all my veggies and leave them in my freezer so all I have to do is grab a handful and throw them in the pan. 


After five-ish minutes add half a can of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.


In the mean time boil water and add tortellini, cook for about 8 minutes.


Drain pasta and add a handful of spinach to your sauce to up the vitamins and the iron. 


Add your amazing sauce to the pasta, serve and enjoy! 


Voila dinners done, I tend to cook a lot at once so I have dinner for about 3 nights. I promise this recipe tastes really good and it's actually good for you!
xo
Becks



No comments:

Post a Comment