Saturday, May 14, 2011

Feel the Run

My Sunday runs have always been my favourite training run of the week. I love meeting the girls and taking on at least 70 minutes of good running around Burnaby Lake. I'm realizing most of the time I'm so caught up in analyzing how I feel that I don't take time to look around and really feel my surrounds (yes, you can analyze about tight hips for 70 minutes straight).

Every run in so unique whether it be the flies we're forced to pry from each other's eyes or chasing down the fast girl with a dog because we don't know who she is. I really want to bottle up these experiences and appreciate that I can run. We're just so lucky and at times way too focused to appreciate it. Today, after so many long runs this was the first time I noticed these baby geese.

They're so cute until they grow up to look like their parents! Take time to watch the birds.
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment