Monday, May 23, 2011

Cook once eat twice (at least)

I was explaining earlier that I am recently obsessed with adding natural ingredients to canned soups and sauces to up the nutritional content of convenient dinners. I’ve taken this idea one step further with something I like to call "strategic cooking". Instead of simply adding extra veggies I’m now planning my meals ahead of time so that I can revamp my leftovers and create brand new dinners!


Here, I’m reinventing my leftovers and making tomato tortellini soup with my pasta from the night before. The best part is this "new" dinner is it takes less than 10 minutes.  What you need: one can of tomato soup (believe it or not western family is my favourite), half a can of diced tomatoes, spinach and your tortellini from the night before.


Mix the condensed soup with tomatoes and spinach then add one cup of water.



Heat for about five minutes and add your tortellini. I like to wait before adding the pasta to prevent it from becoming too soft. Heat for 7-10 minutes total and you'll have a nutritionally dense, delicious meal. Enjoy the comfort food!
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment