Saturday, May 14, 2011

Yogi Challenge

My most recent yoga goal was to stand up from bridge. For whatever reason I've decided that conquering this pose will help me develop some of this yogi strength that I admire in my instructors. I love watching the grace with which my teachers can effortlessly move their rock hard bodies into every type of pretzel. I totally want this but something, other than my stubborn muscles, was preventing me from reaching my yoga goal.


Everything changed when my mom raised the stakes. She said, "I bet I'll stand up from bridge before you." What? Oh wow, if you know me at all I'm not one to back down from competition. It was so on! I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins as I marched downstairs to my bedroom-turned -yoga studio to practice. Pride was on the line and I was not leaving until I mastered my goal.


About an hour later I found my mom relaxing in the living room. Assuming she hadn't given our challenge a second thought I causally walked in and without muttering a single word performed my yoga goal.


Booya, it wasn't graceful by any means and I obviously need to work on the relaxation part of my yoga practice but I'm really loving finding new ways to be strong. I might also love competition ;)
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment