Friday, February 5, 2010

Good ol' Granola

Friday is my favourite day!  Rest day!  Don't get me wrong I love my training program but Friday is the only day where I don't have to complete a workout before I can relax. Since today is about recovery and preparing for another weeks worth of training I decided to make my favourite granola recipe. I can't take all the credit this recipe is combination of Miss Chloe Fox's recipe and the Gluten Free Cookies recipe book.
4C Rice Krispies
2C Oats
1C Slivered Almonds
1C Pumpkin Seeds
1/2C Pecans bits
1/2C Coconut
1/3C Maple Syrup
1 tsp Oil
Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately then toss wet with the dry. Distribute mixture over two cookie sheets and bake in a 300 degree oven for 15 minuets, stir after 7 minutes.  If you prefer the granola to be very crisp keep in the oven for 5 more minutes. Let cool then add 1/2C cranberries.

To make granola bars, make granola as usual and place in a big bowl. Combine 1/2 C peanut butter and 1/2 C corn syrup and heat over the stove or in the microwave for 1 minuet. Mix completely and then pour mixture over the granola. Press into a 16x9 pan and let cool in the fridge.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment