Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Torture!

Well the blog title doesn't really speak the truth today. Tuesdays for me, are notoriously the hardest workout of the week but today was a change of pace type workout. We stared off with warm-up as usual followed by 1000 hard, 1000 easy, 800 hard, 400 easy, 400 hard. This work-out should have been easy because there were very few hard parts.  Normally I would have wanted to do more but today this workout was a blessing because I felt extra tired today. It was one of those days when I was in a fog that I just couldn't shake. I was thinking I'm so tried, I can feel my glands, I feel like crap, the front of my hips are tired. Despite these thoughts I tired to think of past experiences where I've felt worse and ran fine but I was just not in it today. I just couldn't make myself run fast.

All and all I've been excited about my workouts because they have been going well but today I felt tired from the start. I'm not sure if mentally finding out we had an easier workout allowed me to fully surrender to my fatigue because I didn't have to be up for it or the stiffness in my hips was felt from the plank I did the day before.  I've also been tired from a 4-hour sleep before the Saturday workout, Sunday 70-minute run and fun bike but these aren't good excuses because I biked for 30-minutes on Monday.

Things I learned today: I need to continue to pay attention to my diet. I've been cheating with the dairy I'm not sure if this could have an effect on my groggy-ness. I'm trying to look for trends my glands are a bit swollen and I feel foggy/weak tired but not bad. The past two weeks of training have been great, remember this!

No comments:

Post a Comment