Thursday, March 11, 2010

Snow fell on the hill!

Today was suppose to be a typical Thursday afternoon. Wake up on my own accord, enjoy my favourite granola/yogurt combination and wait for afternoon practice. It's hard to feel productive on Thursday mornings because I know my afternoon fate is going to be exhausting. My hips have been feeling tight in the front since last Thursday's hills (I tried to keep up the pace on the down hill which limited my recovery for the up hill) so I went to the chiropractor, still pretty normal. My hips haven't felt like this in awhile I think it's because I have been fighting a cold and for some reason during and after being sick the tightness in the front hip joints get's very tight and will eventually just go away (this happened after 2 months of fatigue last summer and for about a month during a half-sick period during cross country).

Driving up to SFU I noticed the hill was covered in white. It's march 11th and the weather has been unseasonably beautiful but not today. The trail was completely covered so we were forced to  run on the roads. So here we were about 25 of us using the sidewalk to go up the incline and then at the top immediately turing around to retrace our steps but this time using the bike lane narrowed by snow. Cars and busses sped by us probably thinking we were absolutely crazy. To my surprise it was actually really nice, the hill was less of an incline compared to horizons and we had more recovery than usual. I've been pretty fatigued the last while so a tempo workout was a bit of a godsend. Workout began with a 15 minute warm-up and a 20 minute cool down. All and all we've been so gifted with beautiful weather, these terrible rainy days are needed to make us toughen up and appreciate the beautiful sunny days.

No comments:

Post a Comment