Monday, January 3, 2011

Splashing through Puddles

Sitting in Betsy, my very warm car, counting down the minutes until I had to brave the freezing rain was torture. I don't mind the rain, I live in Vancouver, it's just the thought of that first 5-10 minuets before my achey old-woman body warms up.

As always, it's worse in my mind. When Tasha arrived I forced myself out of the car and after some necessary complaining the rain stopped! The trail was still a mess but we managed to make it through the first 60 minutes of our run jumping over the muddy spots, running around puddles and avoiding the general muck. That was as long as we stayed dry. After 60 minutes the trail was impassable and to be honest we were sick of avoiding.

Left with only one option Tasha took initiative and decided to bulldozer right through the impassable. There was no turning back, she bowed her head, let out a battle cry and booked it straight through the middle. I watched in mild shock, started to laugh and then followed her lead. I let out a battle call of my own, and took the puddle head on (or feet first ;).

There we were, two debatably normal and relatively intelligent women, blond ponytails bobbing, laugh-grunting battle cries as we plowed through the puddles. It was hilarious, we gave up all hope of staying dry and had fun splashing. I finished freezing cold and soaked to the bone but it was the most fun I've ever had on a Sunday run.  I felt like a kid again. Who knew splashing in puddles could still be so much fun!
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment