Thursday, January 27, 2011

Watching for Wolves

Word on the ferry is there's a wolf roaming the island. Yikes! I mean I don't know if it's true for sure but I've heard a dog was mutilated in front of its poor owner and apparently multiple deer carcasses have been found totally dismantled. Talk to some people and they say they've seen it, while others say it's a dog that looks like a wolf.  The truth is still up for debate so I'm going to assume it doesn't exist until I see pictures or literally run into it (I really hope this doesn't happen).

Escape Plan: climb tree
 Either way, this lone wolf is not getting the best of me. I'm still doing my workouts in the trails but it is funny how almost every dog, even the ones with little old ladies, look like wolves! Today I did continuous hills, I felt great by the way, and yes I counted 3 wolf-dogs. 

I don't think about the wolves during my workout, It's all business, but during warm-up and cool-down there's lots of time for your mind to play tricks. Crazy I know but  I'll admit I was planning my escape route. I was scouting out good tress with sturdy branches. Every time I heard a dog yelp or birds rumbling I could feel the adrenaline surging through my body and I considered a potential climb.

There's no controlling mother nature on this island. I made it through my workout and thankfully didn't have to use any of my escape routes documented above.At first it was a bear, then a cougar and now it's a wolf.  Until we find out if there's actual truth to this wolf matter I'm keeping my eyes open and escape routes top of mind. Happy running!
xo
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment